• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Desktop and/or Rig setups or wallpaper screen shots

The following post happens to contain everything in the title LOL

Literally, sharing the Desktop HAHAHA
    I had to post it bc it worked out great, mostly bc I can see the TV

3 machines, all EndeavourOS, gotta love it.

The special bracket came in today for the middle monitor...Now I got the middle one hung where it's supposed to go, used the fourth slot for a tiny extra monitor for working on computers, and had room for a food test computer ! :sandwich: :P

The laptop is running the extra monitor to test it out... and as a bonus, I can see the fishtank & the TV woohoo!!!!
    Now I can do some stuff, when your computer chair is a recliner! :P

Monitor mount
    [www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E6448KS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1](https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Yes that's a quad mount, but hey why not plan ahead !:P
    The mount is really quite sturdy & well built btw, also comes with clips for wire management.
    Since the back is actually visible to others, I was thinking about glow-in-the-dark vines to dress up the back of the monitors and mount.

If for some reason your monitor doesn't have a removable stand and holes, some have vesa brackets available like this
    [www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I296PY0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1](https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

G'day mate,
    Wow, what a set up. It looks great!!!

Turning green with envy.

I thought it was good that I could plug my PC into my TV via HDMI to watch YouTube clips while compiling. lol
    It's a "smart TV" but I can't login since they upgraded the program and my remote right arrow button doesn't work despite us only ever using the on/off button (remotes for everything else).

Please don't tell me that you really sit there looking at pictures of food on your PC monitor. lol

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Please don't tell me that you really sit there looking at pictures of food on your PC monitor. lol
    Odd you mention this, HAHAHAHAHA

As a matter of fact I wrote a little conky style program called Conky-Sandwich

It goes everyday and grabs 4 sandwiches or something/recipes,

And changes the images every 15 minutes.
    The next day it gets 4 more for each day of the month.

I then wrote an addon menu program in python that will download whichever recipe you want in pdf :P

--Conky-Sandwich a Useless Creation by Mr Ed 2019
    --A food window display
    --Using Archlinux-Antergos
    --At this time Food network has,
    --765 pages of sandwiches related recipes
    --457 pages of burgers related recipes
    --421 pages of pizza related recipes
    --If there was 31 days in every month, conky-sandwich can display 372 yummy images
    --4 per day every day of the month
    Last edited by Major_A; 01-22-2020 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Major_A View Post
    I then wrote an addon menu program in python that will download whichever recipe you want in pdf :P
    Dang, I could have done with that feature in the Recipe book program I made as my first ever VB project.
    I've copied and pasted that program from HDD to HDD for the past 20 or so years. lol
    I suppose it could do with an update, it stores each recipe as text files.
    I can't recall why I made it list the ingredients in a separate text from the main recipe method but it's easy to edit, remove or add new recipes.

* after some thought* That's right, it does this to display the ingredients in a separate panel which has measurement presets (in both metric and imperial).
    It automatically lists all entries in alphabetical order and can display separate categories or all of them at the same time.

It would be interesting to look back at the coding and see what I could do better 20 years on.
    But I suppose if it ain't broken , why mess with it.

Dang, you know me, I wont leave it alone now that I've thought of it. lol
    I really should get back into programming but I'm "in the zone" with mapping right now.