• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Update (Bocage levels - previously called 'Normandy 2')

It will be a standalone mission (split over two maps), not 'part' of a mission. So it will be released in final form.

I'm not far from release now. Just got to build and script the final battle scene and finalise the rest of the level. Here are some screenshots:

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    NICE!!!
    I think we play that map too!

Hope it comes out soon.
    Last edited by Major_A; 09-03-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Can't wait to see this and have some fun!

Thanks, guys!

Annoyingly, I hit a MAX_MAP_SHADERS limit in q3map when trying to compile, so I'm splitting the final battle/objective into a separate BSP. This means the mission will be split over 3 BSPs. I'll be temporarily releasing the first two for testing on here for anyone who is interested. Either tomorrow or the day after, depending on how much I get done. They are both in pretty much final form, except for any bugs anyone finds of course :P. I think Shadow will have played the first Bocage map, but it's worth testing it again as I'll be making some slight changes (more details, better shadows, difficulty support, etc...) to the first one.

Yeah it's been a while since I've played part 1!
    I can't wait to do some testing

Is there any 'hidden' thing to look out for? (Without giving anything away)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArHk7-tKjpYEgnTz...uQqGw?e=0EAe2y

Early access. Anyone is free to have a play. Let me know if it's too easy, too hard, runs well, runs poorly, has bugs etc...

Best played on max graphics of course, with decals enabled. Enable volumetric smoke for extra ambience .

Check the readme on how to install, how to select a difficulty, and background story.

RE secrets: I have a few scattered here or there, either in the form of hidden items in the normal play space or small separate locations. Nothing fancy for these maps at least. I was planning a better secret more akin to the 'white room' for my final section of this mission, which will be in the 3rd BSP.

Have fun!
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; 09-16-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Updated with new link. A sound file was missing (radios next to the flak 88 guns).

Okay this was absolutely awesome! Great atmosphere and map making once again.. everything ran smoothly and looked fine.
    Almost no bugs that I could detect.. just a few.. and also a few questions/remarks just to double check.
    But the map, missions and how it crosses over from part to part is very well done. Even gotten a jumpscare once xD which I will not spoil.

Few screenshots of bugs: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rqnx5..._bugs.zip/file
    • One is for a texture of a fence that is textured on the front side but not the back side
    • One is for getting out of bounds (I placed arrows on the screenshots, but basically I jump from the sandbags to the pole and then on an invisible clip.. and just walk along in the air towards the bushes and from there I can jump out/under the map). And I can even get back in bounds after killing enemies haha.

Additional remarks:
    • Are the random orange trees & bushes on purpose? Cause there aren't many of them.. and they really pop out due to their bright colours whilst the surroundings are a lot darker.
    • I lose the binoculars when I enter the 2nd map, yet keep all my other weapons.. is this a bug or on purpose? Cause it's pretty fun to use.
    • The hardest difficulty wasn't too hard.. well for me at least. I'd love for an even harder difficulty (if possible, without damaging the playstyle & atmosphere of the map).
    • 'Kilroy was here'... I'll say no more :P

Edit: OOOOH forgot to mention! The 2nd part (the mission where you have to get through the town), that area.. is amazing as a multiplayer map tbh! Especially for snipers! I absolutely love it.. if a few more buildings were open, that would be an epic multiplayer map! Also, will you ever use snipers in your missions? I'm mostly a Sniper Only player so really missing that feeling :P

One is for a texture of a fence that is textured on the front side but not the back side
    Yeah, this is the texture bug I mentioned in the shout box. I rolled my eyes when I noticed it. That's what I get for changing textures last minute. Basically it's the way the shader is defined, making the back of the face cull. I'll change that in the shader script and recompile.

One is for getting out of bounds (I placed arrows on the screenshots, but basically I jump from the sandbags to the pole and then on an invisible clip.. and just walk along in the air towards the bushes and from there I can jump out/under the map). And I can even get back in bounds after killing enemies haha.
    AHA! I knew that would be one of them. I was floating around in Radiant and thought, "that pole could be used to jump over those clips". I guess the fun (aka lazy) side of me left it in to see whether it was noticed! So, kudos!

Are the random orange trees & bushes on purpose? Cause there aren't many of them.. and they really pop out due to their bright colours whilst the surroundings are a lot darker.
    Yeah, it was a design choice to break up the monotonous green. They are a quite bright which is the only downside, but I didn't really want to fiddle with the textures. They are meant to be for fall/autumn season (which is the map I found them in), but thought they'd add a bit of variety here and there.

I lose the binoculars when I enter the 2nd map, yet keep all my other weapons.. is this a bug or on purpose? Cause it's pretty fun to use.
    Hmm, yeah that shouldn't happen. Strange, I thought I checked that. I'll see if I broke anything. Thanks!

The hardest difficulty wasn't too hard.. well for me at least. I'd love for an even harder difficulty (if possible, without damaging the playstyle & atmosphere of the map).
    Yeah, difficulty is always 'difficult' to optimise. It wasn't too hard for me, either, but I know when and where enemies appear so it's difficult to judge without outside feedback. I may play around with the hardest skill setting.

'Kilroy was here'... I'll say no more :P
    Aha! I don't know why I thought of doing it, but just thought it added a bit of interactivity and fun.