• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morocco (SP) Released!

Feel free to try out my latest map. The link is here. EDITED to v1.1

Here is the readme:

//================================================== ================================================== ======//
    // LEVEL: test_morocco (SP)
    // CAMPAIGN: Operation Torch
    // TITLE: Morocco
    // VERSION: 1.1 (27/02/19)
    // GEOMETRY/DESIGN: 1337Smithy
    // SCRIPTING: 1337Smithy
    //================================================== ================================================== ======//

*** INSTALLATION

Remove any mods you already have installed, then put the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz_Morocco_SP.pk3 file
    into your MOHAA/main folder.

*** RUNNING (AND CHOOSING DIFFICULTY)

***If you want to set a difficulty (other than default), make sure to do it BEFORE loading the map.***

Firstly, choose a difficulty via console (no quotes):
    EASY: "skill 0"
    MEDIUM: "skill 1"
    HARD: "skill 2"

Secondly, type "map test_morocco" (no quotes) in console to run the map.

*** STORY

You are an OSS operative sent behind enemy lines on the eve of Operation Torch in Morocco.
    Your objective is to sabotage enemy activity in the area and acquire
    any intelligence the Germans may have on the allied operation. Another intelligence
    officer disappeared in this area some time ago, so we need to find out if she was captured
    and if so what information they 'acquired' from her.

*** INFO

First part of my Morocco singleplayer campaign. I am releasing this on its own as I may not be able to release
    the other parts as quickly as I'd like. This ensures at least some of the campaign is played.

I am including the map file with this release. Anyone is free to take assets from this package, be it level geometry,
    scripts or anything else. This is your permission, so no more is needed .

*** CREDITS

A few textures were taken from Enhanced Textures mod for MOHAA (https://www.moddb.com/mods/enhanced-textures)

Some axis skins taken from several authors.

The rest is basically me. Some inspiration from the original missions of course.
    Let me know if you find any bugs (looking at you, Shadow ). I'll fix them as they come.
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; 03-04-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    After I spent half an hour trying to figure out why the bots wouldn't die,
    I moved all my maps and mods out of the directory LOLOL

Two things I noticed..

When hiding behind this rock/corner, it doesn't protect you....unless there is a guy I'm not seeing

The only other thing, IT's really f'king hard lmao
    HOWEVER, I am used to fast paced with lots of ammo and forget how accurate the bloody bots can be/cheat/are hahaha

I'll be honest, I had to cheat code to get through it, but it was really good!

I like the get the key to the door objective as well.

If you did make it easier, the only thing I'd do would be put more ammo drops in, and leave what you have, bc bots cheat like a mofo

The single player shots are something I wish was available in multiplayer....I know it's calculated, but doesn't show on the multiplayer score screen.
    I'd like to see a mod that does this for multiplayer and output those stats.

This is just my opinion...I wanna see what anyone else thinks

I was shot 5.2 times in each testicle lmao

Last edited by Major_A; 02-28-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks for the feedback, Major!

I get in a bit of a conundrum when it comes to difficulty because I have some people telling me they want more and others telling me they want less.
    It can be fixed by including difficulty options I suppose, it's just that requires more work and planning (what to change - AI aim, weapon drops, number of AI, placement, save points, etc??).

The cover issue - that's interesting, you shouldn't be fired at through walls. Was it after the camp alarm was triggered and the enemies rushed out? There is a sniper high up on the ledge at that point, but he shouldn't see you from where you are.

The mission complete screen shows percentage of your shots hitting the AI, 10.2% was at their groins. You heartless b*stard!

I've also got information from other people on discord about AI difficulty, so it's something I'm going to modify for the next release.
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; 02-28-2019 at 11:24 AM.

My take on this map is that overall its a good sp map. The objective of obtaining the key was a nice throwback from older games, really enjoyed it

My personal taste is more on stealth and low ammo, so starting with only the silenced pistol was a good start to the level. I actually didn't have to kill allot of the npcs at the camp, just waited for them to take that turn on their patrol path or lure them in and either shoot them or bash them.

Later when I went through the game files i saw that you had them killed via script so that all the other guards wouldn't be alerted like it usualy happens on the default campaign. Nice use of scripting.

The bunker layout was entertaining, had to try every door just o make sure it didn't have a hidden area. The ligthing in the bunker was also well made.

The part when the kraut officer kills your friend from behind the glass was a nice touch, I was like "NOOoo, You Bastards!"

One thing that I think it was a nice attention to details was the U-boat horn with the U-boat appearing from the fog and the barely audible buzz sound on the lamps during the cliff part.

As for dificulty, I guess it depends on the taste of the player. You could make a 'pre-level' where you choose your dificulty like in 'Operation Nordwind' or in the Crazy Server Mods.

Then I replayed it with my silenced weapons scripted in and mowed them all down lol.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    idk what was making me think that's where I was getting shot. I guess I saw Hits taken, then my eyes jumped down to the bottom, silly me.

I like the amount of enemies, just need to find a bit more health and ammo and maybe an smg for when the alarm goes off.

And at that rock part, it was after I set off the alarm
    but maybe it was a fluke or something, this time they came charging around the corner!

I just played it again and had plenty of ammo...I did the whole thing with pistol so forget what I said about ammo, I must have been panicking too much the first time haha
    I was finding stuff, rifle ammo I didn't see before

However, maybe more health outside?

This time I was able to sneak in alot further, but get slaughtered when going through the tent area, idk if that helps or not because that is the only real difficult spot it would seem.

I like the spooked bird sound in the rocks I forgot to mention that before.

Also this time, found by complete accident, the grenades and health in the moving drawer, nice touch, that was neat.

I'll probly try again after I get all the popcorn butter off my fingers Then test out the tent area again and if I have to flee in terror and die haha

Groin shots went up...seems I am heartless lol

I laugh every time I see the questioning scene haha

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Invisible blocking thingy at these coordinates on the road

This time I stayed in the garage alot longer a some of those guys came out from the tent area and made it a little easier.
    It may have been me makeing it harder by playing so aggressive and not waiting,
    I still get edgy when not enough health lying about

Yup.....gettin' better at them groin shots lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Soares93 View Post
    My take on this map is that overall its a good sp map. The objective of obtaining the key was a nice throwback from older games, really enjoyed it

My personal taste is more on stealth and low ammo, so starting with only the silenced pistol was a good start to the level. I actually didn't have to kill allot of the npcs at the camp, just waited for them to take that turn on their patrol path or lure them in and either shoot them or bash them.

Later when I went through the game files i saw that you had them killed via script so that all the other guards wouldn't be alerted like it usualy happens on the default campaign. Nice use of scripting.

The bunker layout was entertaining, had to try every door just o make sure it didn't have a hidden area. The ligthing in the bunker was also well made.

The part when the kraut officer kills your friend from behind the glass was a nice touch, I was like "NOOoo, You Bastards!"

One thing that I think it was a nice attention to details was the U-boat horn with the U-boat appearing from the fog and the barely audible buzz sound on the lamps during the cliff part.

As for dificulty, I guess it depends on the taste of the player. You could make a 'pre-level' where you choose your dificulty like in 'Operation Nordwind' or in the Crazy Server Mods.

Then I replayed it with my silenced weapons scripted in and mowed them all down lol.
    Hey, thanks, Soares! Glad you noticed the little details . I try to add as many as possible (e.g. like the cockroaches on the floor in the garage by the camp as you first walk in there or a gull in the sky near the lighthouse scene). I didn't know how many people would spot them.

Yeah, the scripting thing definitely made stealth more plausible, but much more could be done, such as investigation behaviour when they see someone get shot etc... But it all depends on time unfortunately . I've added support for skill levels now.

Quote Originally Posted by Major_A View Post
    idk what was making me think that's where I was getting shot. I guess I saw Hits taken, then my eyes jumped down to the bottom, silly me.

I like the amount of enemies, just need to find a bit more health and ammo and maybe an smg for when the alarm goes off.

And at that rock part, it was after I set off the alarm
    but maybe it was a fluke or something, this time they came charging around the corner!

I just played it again and had plenty of ammo...I did the whole thing with pistol so forget what I said about ammo, I must have been panicking too much the first time haha
    I was finding stuff, rifle ammo I didn't see before

However, maybe more health outside?

This time I was able to sneak in alot further, but get slaughtered when going through the tent area, idk if that helps or not because that is the only real difficult spot it would seem.

I like the spooked bird sound in the rocks I forgot to mention that before.

Also this time, found by complete accident, the grenades and health in the moving drawer, nice touch, that was neat.

I'll probly try again after I get all the popcorn butter off my fingers Then test out the tent area again and if I have to flee in terror and die haha

Groin shots went up...seems I am heartless lol

I laugh every time I see the questioning scene haha

I'm glad you spotted the drawers! I think most people missed them - which was my worry. I originally had the handles pulsating red but thought it too 'in your face', so I'll probably make one of them already open to help the player realise.

Quote Originally Posted by Major_A View Post
    Invisible blocking thingy at these coordinates on the road

This time I stayed in the garage alot longer a some of those guys came out from the tent area and made it a little easier.
    It may have been me makeing it harder by playing so aggressive and not waiting,
    I still get edgy when not enough health lying about

Yup.....gettin' better at them groin shots lmao
    Yeah, the little snag on the cliff path is already fixed . I noticed it not long after I posted the release. I've also fixed one inside the cave.

The reason they are there is if you open the .map I supplied, I've made a solid ground of 'tri-soup' brushes under every patch outside. Patches don't create good collision so it's always possible to fall through without any foundation below them. In this particular spot some of them weren't aligned properly. Skill levels are now supported, and if you pick an easier difficulty than hard some AI will drop health and more of them drop ammo. I had to script an item drop function so I could choose who dropped health and whether the weapon drops have velocity or not (e.g. to stop the first guy's gun falling down cliff).

See the list of changes that are so far in the next release:

*** CHANGELOG

* v1.0

Initial release

* v1.1

BUG FIXES:

- Fixed clipping issue in tunnel that was snagging players
    - Fixed other minor clipping issues on terrain
    - Fixed issue where the first guy's gun would fall down cliff when killed
    - Fixed lighting entity leaks at compile time
    - Fixed switch playing unwanted sound

MISC CHANGES:

- Added support for difficulty options
    - Added mission text
    - Made minor geometry improvements to cliff scene
    - The key now has a model
    - Minor lighting changes in base
    - Officers react to pain and have less health
    - Save point moved to after the report is taken
    - The jail door switch now pulsates red
    - The locked key door objective now provides a hint
    - Generated a new LOD file for the following models (fixes 'pop ins' and ugly rendering):
    - lantern
    - cagelight
    - objective map
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; 03-01-2019 at 07:30 AM.

OK, v1.1 released.

See the changelog for full list of changes, but check readme on how to specify difficulty:

http://mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/conte...o-sp-v11-addon

let me know if i broke anything...
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; 03-04-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    I noticed the key change to like cell door keys. and a few of the bots actually drop health now, or they did that time...

did the whole thing no cheats, took my time...died 3 or 4 times but did it...

I really like the animation scripts of interrogation and card players type stuff.
    I think it would be funny to walk in on a group of enemy working on remodel of a room, one carrying in a toilet, one tightening a thing on the wall etc etc or something lol

Can't wait for part 2

Just for you, Major, I'll add something in like that .

The elevator you take down will take you into the bowels of the base, so a lot of pipes, steam, machinery etc.. I'll have some workmen in there carrying stuff and working perhaps :P.

The animations that already exist in-game can be used. I know of a carrying animation and a wrench animation lol