• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Thread: mbuilder issue

mbuilder issue

So I recently have tried to put radiant and mbuilder on my surface pro and while radiant appears to be working well mbuilder seems to give me issues every time I try to compile a map. The error I get is "Cannot create file builder.bat"

I think my directories are correct (I successfully had gotten mbuilder on my desktop back home)

Could the issue be caused by my surface pro being windows 10? Or did I in fact mess up a directory?

- Thanks

I dont know nothing about building maps but you can ask 1337Smithy because he knows how to build them.

Have you tried running Mbuilder as administrator? It could be a permissions issue not allowing the software to generate files in certain directories.

So after running as administrator it did not get me the error I mentioned above, however when the process occurs I get errors such as

"Error opening C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm\b5.bsp: No such file or directory"

and at the end the map has not been created. I feel kind of dumb because I've run into this error in the past and resolved it but can't remember now what the solution was lol

Hmm, suggests the file isn't being created because of a prior error. Are you able to see any before this one? Preferably the first.

Here is the full error log/build log as far as I can see

C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm>"C:\PROGRA~2\MOHAAT~1\MOHAAT~1\Q3map.exe" -gamedir C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm\b5.map
    ---- q3map ----
    ----- FS_Startup -----
    ----------------------
    30892 files in pk3 files

************ ERROR ************
    MatchToken( "{" ) failed at line 4 in file scripts/ss_soldier.shader

C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm>pause
    Press any key to continue . . .

C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm>"C:\PROGRA~2\MOHAAT~1\MOHAAT~1\Q3map.exe" -vis -gamedir C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm\b5.map
    ---- vis ----
    ----- FS_Startup -----
    ----------------------
    30892 files in pk3 files
    reading C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm\b5.bsp

Error opening C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm\b5.bsp: No such file or directory

C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm>"C:\PROGRA~2\MOHAAT~1\MOHAAT~1\MOHlight.exe" -gamedir C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\MOHAA\main\maps\dm\b5.map
    ======== MOHlight Version 1.48 ========
    ----- FS_Startup -----
    ----------------------
    30892 files in pk3 files

MatchToken( "{" ) failed at line 4 in file scripts/ss_soldier.shader

(after I hit enter again it just closes)

Have you checked the scripts/ss_soldier.shader file? Is this a custom file you've modified? Is the shader in this file spelled correctly? Do you have custom pk3s in your directory?

It appears to be failing on the bsp portion with this error, so no bsp will be built, which means it can't be read. When building maps it's good to remove all unnecessary files from your main directory.
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; 09-04-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks!

I completely forgot this was the issue I've had in the past when I don't remove my custom skin pk3s. I took the skin files out and it seems to be working now. Can't believe I didn't remember