• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Thread: Corona edit

Corona edit

G'day folks, I've been using coronas a fair bit lately and was wondering if anyone here knew how to edit them.
    They are a Direct Draw Surface (".dds" format) so I'm not just talking about changing the colour via texture and shader.
    The problem with using the currently available corona is that it will glow through and above the light shade.
    Sure we could lower the position until its not protruding through the lamp shade but then we're left with an unnatural glow well below the light bulb.

my_corona.jpg

What is needed is a half corona. The bottom half.
    Who's up for the task?

Haha, yeah that is a problem sometimes. In the version of Refinery I sent you I have mitigated this effect on this lamp by decreasing the scale of the corona entity and lowering it into the bulb. Take a look and see if it's satisfactory .

Also try out static/corona_util.tik. It produces less of a flare.
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; 01-22-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    idk if scale .5 will help or not.

Thanks Major, scaling does help as Smithy suggested. Also using corona_util.
    Although I haven't tried corona_util as yet.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    oh hell, my eyes skipped right over where he said scale and it didn't even register...

/pokes self in eye

...stupid eyes lol

lol Shit happens.
    Your video snippet reminds me, you recently posted one of Happy Gilmore. Well it was shown (again) on Aussie TV over the weekend.
    This reminds me of our Crocodile Dundee chat where a day or two later it was on TV here and I posted you the photo of my TV I took to prove it. lol
    I just hope you haven't jinxed us with the bloody Three Stooges now.
    Don't make me come over there. lol

Baybe you can try to make a texture with only the bottom on the corona and make the topside black.
    basepath: textures/sprites/corona_reg.tga
    Attached Images Attached Images

It would look wierd once you pass under the light source and see the cuted half of the corona.

Yup, coronas are locked to the client camera, just like sprites in Doom for example (and other static model sprites in MOHAA). So as Soares said, it wouldn't look right when viewed from certain angles.