• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Thread: Ddos attack

Ddos attack

Hello friends

When I started my server and it turned out that I had many enemies and always my server under Ddos attack every half hour and the another half our lag lol and now i cant open my server some times from the host and i still didnt know who made that so i want to protact my server and add a good protaction to save my server from the attack and the lag so any ideas ?
    Regards Old Fox

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    I wanted to answer this in a reply just in case it helps others, so here it goes.

Ok, if you are running those, (Davin's Patches) are you running through a hosting site, or running a home server?
    If your running a home server there are other things can seem similar to a an attack but may be something on the server machine or on the network.

If your running the patches but on a hosted machine there's some other issues that could be affecting things, mostly, and only a guess but it's not your server, but the hosting service needs to step in and take some action, but before you blame them, be sure to ask clear questions to the host and ask Doublekill as he can answer things I cannot.

Please note I'm not dumping this on Doublekill, but there might be some things here I not thinking of.

I'm just trying to cover possible aspects of what might be going on.

Without a log i cant say if is realy a DDOS or not, but if is you could use the GS protector from Joto to reduce the DDOS with the help aswell of the hardware firewall of the company you have the dedi.

Both can reduce alot the DDOS and maybe the server dont crash but you going to still have lag on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleKill View Post
    Without a log i cant say if is realy a DDOS or not, but if is you could use the GS protector from Joto to reduce the DDOS with the help aswell of the hardware firewall of the company you have the dedi.

Both can reduce alot the DDOS and maybe the server dont crash but you going to still have lag on the server.
    ah ok i am using GSprotector but i dont think its running well with my server
    and the qconsole i stoped it
    my provider said he add protection already but also i dont feel any protection in the server bec i see some guys enter the server and say they will crash it ,, and do it every hour
    anyway i need u to check my gs and i think there is wrong with my ports bec i open all ports in my vps starting from 12201 to 23009 about 20 port
    anyway iam sure its dos attack and lag
    ill write u pm for my ports to tell me what i should to open for sh
    thankx for ur time DoubleKill
    Regards Old Fox