• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Normandy Mission... 2?

Hey!

Just thought I'd post a short vid of what I'm working on atm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MQa1g5zYLU&t=0s

Obviously this doesn't look like North Africa, but it's me...I tend to work on different maps to keep myself interested (not abandoning any)... This one is of particular interest as I reckon it's my best work so far, and will tie in with my Normandy campaign...

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,

Alex

Reminds me a bit of the other custom sp mission 'Carentan'.
    Last edited by Soares93; 09-13-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Ah yes, I think I know the map you mean.

I got inspiration from the Brecourt Manor assault (portrayed in BoB) and also bits of the stock levels for MOHAA .

That looks great.
    I love the atmosphere of bombs dropping close by.... but only in games thanks.

So what comes next? A bunch of tanks?

Looking really good so far!
    Can't wait to give it a try, the atmosphere I see so far really is what you'd expect it to be in those days, nicely done!

I've played many custom SP maps, always fun to do new objectives, discover new maps and warm up against some bots ^^

Thanks, guys! It's quite a contrast from my first, that's for sure.

RE tanks, that reminds me, I was thinking of making this a SH map rather than vanilla MOHAA because it gives me more options and assets (including tanks, troop filled halftracks, lighting etc) but I had reservations that this would limit those without it. Having said that, MOH Revival can cover this, but people are sometimes reluctant to change. I assume most people have SH, so maybe it isn't a problem

"troop filled halftracks" sounds good.
    Bring it. lol

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Will there be a multiplayer version as well?

It looks good
    !

No multiplayer, sorry! I suppose I could release the .map file with it for people to tinker with, but I don't know if it would be a good MP map.

Just converted it to SH... Never realised how different the lighting is. Even the ambient light affects the entities (enemies) more than the brushes themselves. Looks a little odd... Need to tweak it again...

Also the artillery sounds / fx are different, they need changing I think. The ubersound will probably have different 'soundparms'

Quote Originally Posted by 1337Smithy View Post
    RE tanks, that reminds me, I was thinking of making this a SH map rather than vanilla MOHAA because it gives me more options and assets (including tanks, troop filled halftracks, lighting etc) but I had reservations that this would limit those without it. Having said that, MOH Revival can cover this, but people are sometimes reluctant to change. I assume most people have SH, so maybe it isn't a problem
    Well a lot of people only have AA (because they had it before the Revival edition came out).. I personally have SH, but only for map testing purposes (the maps I couldn't test on AA), but the gameplay of SH really bugs me, so I play neither SP nor MP on Spearhead. So I would personally really love it if I could play your map in AA.. maybe a chance you could release it for both games? (With a few differences I assume.)

And yeah, people who have AA don't see a need to get the Revival edition as they don't want to play SH or BT. I don't have the Revival Edition either, still my original MOHAA from 2002 hehe.

So, personally I really hope I'll get to play your map in AA But it's your map obviously and you need to do what's best for you!