• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by theripppa View Post
    i keep getting errors when trying to install, anyone else?
    me too, im getting this error

Bugger. It will need the proper install setup.
    It appears that some people don't require it and some do.
    Shadow was able to run it without the install setup. Go figure.

Okay. Sorry about that I'll get onto it.

Sorry again, folks.
    I'm running Visual Basics 6 on Windows 7 and although they are supposed to be totally incompatible this is the first time it's given me grief since installing it.

Although its a whole folder you'll find the "setup.exe" inside it.
    Just install this in the same folder as the rest of Map Mate.

DON'T LET IT OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING FILES.

Map Mate setup

Thanks again.
    Last edited by AccadaccA; 03-08-2017 at 06:45 AM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Hi So Major_A mentioned your after a folder on AAAA with some test maps in ?? do you just need a few maps for now ? would ftp access be ok ??

im still getting this errorUntitled - 2.jpg

heatsinkbod: I sent a message to you and Major about your database woes. I have whipped up something that might get your troubles sorted.
    I added the md5 (hash file number) module and coding to a small FTP program in hopes it might perform automated online hash file number retrieving.
    It would save a lot of man hours. The download link is in that message on the old MOHAAAA messenger.
    Please check there periodically for messages. You have a few unread. lol

The suggestion for a folder with a few maps was for you to test it so it doesn't interfere with your current database.
    I've designed it to do multiple files at a time, however many pk3 files you put in the target folder. Just do a handful at first to test it.
    It may or may not work being online but I thought it was at least worth taking a shot.

BTW, don't forget to set it's filter to ".pk3" or ".zip" or whatever the file extensions are.

therippa: Major_A had similar probs in the early stages of development. I think it's because your system may be currently using that same file that the setup wants to install.
    As I told him, try the "Ignore" button.
    Last edited by AccadaccA; 03-08-2017 at 09:52 PM.

yep, hitting ignore worked, got it Acca thanks

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned what isn't implemented or enabled before you guys report it all back to me.

Script Mate: isn't implemented yet. I plan for it to be similar to Shader Mate with predefined attributes to save the user from as much typing as possible.
    I am also awaiting to hear back from Scorpio_Midget for an ensight to the colour coding that he implemented in "mohaascripteditor". I contacted him through Linkedin but I don't hold much hope on him replying with any help.
    Prior to Christmas Purple Elephant agreed to help with suggestions and inclusions. So I guess I should rattle his cage again.

Sky Mate: is on the back-burner waiting for a hosted folder to house the bulk of the sky textures. Map Mate came with the front and up views for the sake of the texture browser.
    Adding the accompanying textures would triple the download size so I thought to have them only download upon request from the user.
    The "Add To Map" button leads to a dead-end until the hosted folder is setup.

Compile Mate: the "compile console" can sometimes take a few attempts to start, although that happens in the background and the user only needs to click the button once, it can take a few seconds to kick-in.

The Help file "
    Map Mate.chm" is incomplete and changing all the time.

Update:

I have have added "drag and drop" functionality to Hash Mate and redesigned it a little to make the log file page less crowded.

Map Mate 6.0.0.1

Update: (to Hash Mate)

* Included "Maps" or "Mods" option.

* Included game type option ("DM" or "OBJ"). If others are required please let me know.

* Made the selected file of list generate "alias", "url" and "md5". It's format depending on "Maps" option being selected and game type options.

* Made it totally automated for a list of files dropped into the list box.

Open Hash Mate and click the "Create Hash Log" button.
    Drag a handful of pk3 files to the list. (You can open a directory via the "Open Saved Path" button if the path was saved in the previous page.)
    Then click the "Automate Listed Files" button.

Booyeah! Instant hash log file.

It fills in all of the required details such as "alias", "url" and "md5" (hash file number).
    Then adds the details to the log file in the correct format before automatically selecting the next file of the list and doing it over again until all files have been entered to the log.
    It then opens the log file to show you.

Note:
    * The "alias" only applies if its maps you are adding. You'll need to add mods separately.
    * The url is written in the PakRadar style.

Map Mate 6.0.0.2

Thanks to Major_A for putting up with my excessive questioning about the hash log format. Hash Mate would not exist if not for him.
    Last edited by AccadaccA; 03-10-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AccadaccA View Post
    heatsinkbod: I sent a message to you and Major about your database woes. I have whipped up something that might get your troubles sorted.
    I added the md5 (hash file number) module and coding to a small FTP program in hopes it might perform automated online hash file number retrieving.
    It would save a lot of man hours. The download link is in that message on the old MOHAAAA messenger.
    Please check there periodically for messages. You have a few unread. lol

The suggestion for a folder with a few maps was for you to test it so it doesn't interfere with your current database.
    I've designed it to do multiple files at a time, however many pk3 files you put in the target folder. Just do a handful at first to test it.
    It may or may not work being online but I thought it was at least worth taking a shot.

BTW, don't forget to set it's filter to ".pk3" or ".zip" or whatever the file extensions are.

therippa: Major_A had similar probs in the early stages of development. I think it's because your system may be currently using that same file that the setup wants to install.
    As I told him, try the "Ignore" button.
    Ahh ok cool great work on this and yes this will help with the hash cheers