• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

I will add to that in case it's different for anyone else....
    This error happened on a Windows's Vista Pc.

Thanks for your support

Can't wait to have a little bit of time to look at this and see what it has to offer
    Last edited by JollyGG; 08-13-2017 at 03:31 AM.
    Map Developer

ToonyRad - Shotgun Boogie - Death Room - Toony France - Boxed In

I love the step by step building support. More and more support is being added but so far I think(coming from an 100% amature mapper) this is a very easy compiler to work with. I've never been able to get as far as I have with mapping without giving up due to the errors of mapping, Until now. Keep up the good work Mate!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTwl View Post
    I love the step by step building support. More and more support is being added but so far I think(coming from an 100% amature mapper) this is a very easy compiler to work with. I've never been able to get as far as I have with mapping without giving up due to the errors of mapping, Until now. Keep up the good work Mate!
    Okay, now I'm blushing. lol
    I'm glad that you are liking it and that it has helped make the steep learning curve of mapping easier for you.
    Its always good to see new mappers as they bring new ideas to the game.
    If you run into any brick walls, by all means lets us know and I or one of the guys here will help you resolve it.

Happy mapping.

G'day all,
    I've tweaked the custom compile console and she runs like a rocket.

Well it really runs at the same speed any compiler does but the output is much faster now.
    I lowered the buffering which is basically the amount of information assigned to RAM before it prints the output.
    It now matches the speed of the DOS box output but with the ability to scroll from start to finish at any time during or after the compile.

This gives the user the opportunity to read through the entire process in their own time and spot any errors along the way without the need to write log files.

Unlike the typical DOS box, the entire compile read-out of all three compile phases remains on screen until the user closes it.
    If there is an error the console will notify the user with an alert which is optional visual and or audio.
    The user is alerted on successful and non-successful compiles and can opt to save it all as the single log file which is much faster than the alternative old way.
    Upon the completion of a successful compile the user can click the "Test Map" button which copies the newly created bsp file to your "dm" folder before it starts the game for testing.

Check it out for yourself.

https://youtu.be/WN8dJ_NImic

Map Mate downloads page

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    holy crap that"s awesome!

I'll get to the update this weekend!

Nice Compile Icon btw
    Last edited by Major_A; 09-05-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Major_A View Post
    holy crap that"s awesome!

I'll get to the update this weekend!
    Sweet. I hope it runs well for you on the Linux system.
    This is something I've been planning to tweak for some time now, I'm just keeping myself too busy.
    In the past week alone I have been working on 4 different maps, writing a mapping tutorial that covers everything and trying to improve on the Map Mate program.
    So yeah, beer o'clock doesn't come 'round soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Major_A View Post
    Nice Compile Icon btw
    What, that ol' thing? Its just something I threw together before some bozo came along and polished it up a little. lol
    I guess we'll credit the increased performance of the compile console to it's new and improved menu icon.

So when i try to start the program, before I even see a menu, I get this...

Map Developer

Gawd Dang. Sorry mate, the installation obviously didn't register all dependency files.
    We've had a similar issue but a totally different file name.
    May I ask what operating system you are using to perhaps address the issue better for others in future?

You could try the installation again or register the file manually.
    From what little I know, OCX file problems seem to extend from dll files of the same name.

You could try something that worked for another user about 8 posts back.
    He has fixed the registry issue and is still running the app without incident.

The cure:
    In the start menu type 'cmd' and then right click the 'cmd.exe' entry and 'Run as Administrator'.
    It will show the command prompt at C:\Windows\System32.
    Type the following : regsvr32 comdig32.dll
    Be sure to have the space between the regsvr32 and the file name.
    And hit Enter

Good luck mate.

[s]Didn't work, lol. Win 7 x64[/s]

EDIT

Found a comdlg32.ocx online, and now got the program to open, but seems I need to keep rooting out ocx and dll errors as I got a different one after launch...something for after work, sigh

EDIT 2

Got it to work quickly before I went to work, now I'm set to try it out after
    Last edited by JollyGG; 09-11-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    Map Developer