• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Thread: Game Reviews

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Game Reviews

Hi all if you have this game please share your game reviews and what you think of this game the good the bad and the ugly - how does it compare to MOHAA ? How does it FEEL does it play like MOHAA ??

Would you recommend this game ???

Share pictures and videos

Not purchased it myself yet so need to know

Cheers

Jon

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Ok so bought Days of War this weekend via Steam £19:99 to note this is an Early release version so not complete and contains some bugs / issues as its an early release....

So just to point out not turning away from our old DOG MOH but a few had suggested we try this out as its WWII era and also from the Kickstart company http://www.drivenarts.com/ their background was the old school FPS WWII hence why they created it...... So then for me I never got into COD - not knocking COD just always been a MOH player so for me getting on a bit and stuck in my ways, so after hearing reviews and seeing some videos of DOW wanted to check out

For me I need the feel of the game above graphics and TBH as any hard core gamer will do is turn down graphics to ensure best possible FPS

So for my rig which is a few years old now and showing its age
    AMD 6 core 3.30ghz 6100 FX CPU
    Windows 7 64bit
    8gb memory
    GPU ZOtAC Firestorm Nvidia GTX 650 2gb

So initial game install all nice and easy via steam no problems and ran out of the box

Default settings for graphics loaded with auto detect with a lot of high settings and for me graphics looked fantastic apart from some of the finer details on window slats seem to be causing jitter and looked bad - to continue .....................

So the game uses Unreal 4 https://www.unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4

So done some more testing and when any server was busy 10+ players was getting lag in action which was bad this happend on any server but just done a one on one test on the AAAA server with Linda and played great

BUT the recoil takes a lot of getting used to its a lot different from MOH stock - but the first thing to fix is the cross hair - but thanks to the game setup options go to gameplay and you can change the size and colour of the cross hair which is very cool - since starting to get used to the different weapons and the recoil but still me cant shoot squat but getting better and honestly enjoying the game...........

No lean but guess this is due to the issues with leaning into the graphics and this can be seen with the prone lying down - have seen players heads sticking out of doors and so on

but so far really like the feel of the game but lag needs to be addressed seems to be better on some maps than others

Hats of to Driven Arts they have done a fantastic job on this so hope these nit picks dont hurt them but they do feel like bugs that can be addressed and the recoil issue is realism but very different to MOH so me just a crap player at present LMAO.........

Lean causes a lot of issues as mentioned above so not missing it but not so sure on the prone yet - seems to be map issues but seems to me as bad as lean as saw many heads no body out of door / bulidings kicking my head with shots