• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Server Protection update

Hi all over recent weeks we have been getting attacked on our hosting server resulting in server disconnects due to the size of the attack. I have spent so much time on this really being flocking me off

But feel I have made a lot of ground this weekend resolving these issues and as far as I know we have prevented all attacks this weekend

Just wanted to thankyou all for your existing support and patience during these issues but it was a case of as fast as I blocked one attack a further different attack started

Anyway - some issues are as we run Windows 2008 server many of the good antivirus and protection softwares come with a high price tag as we are treated as a business which we are not. That leaves us with the next group of free Antivirus and honestly we have tryd them all including AVG and Malwarebytes and many others and as example the top 5 free antivirus between them found only 15 issues and protected the server and VIPRE on a free trial found 196 !!

As a result I want to move to VIPRE - it is not the best but at present has protected us the best and for cost for us as a community is $59.99 dollars and converted £48.79

The package we need is here https://www.vipreantivirus.com/2-yea...9dKBoC7zDw_wcB

VIPRE
    Internet Security Pro 2016

I myself will pay £10 towards this but ask the community to help me fund this - if you can help please do so via my paypal - payments via paypal "send money to friends" to jrboden@idnet.com

Any extra funds if received from this that put us in credit will be transffered to the hosting account !!

Please Post in this forum to say you have donated to this cause thanks all for your support

Many thanks all Jon

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldier View Post
    donated on behalf of COH....
    Greatly appreciated - thanks for support COH

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by =[M.A.W]=NanLinda2002 [CL View Post
    donated on behalf of =M.A.W=
    Many thanks Linda and MAW clan for your support

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Hi all the Vipre protection software we have been using has clearly done the trick and has now expired - Myself, MAW and COH clan donated to the purchase costs as below - still had a shortfall in payments as no one else supported so have made up the difference out of my own pocket, as for me for now this is the best cost effective solution to run on Windows 2008 - others would either not run on Windows 2008 or were to costly as we would have to pay business rates as they treated us as business for using windows 2008 server.

Viper is down at present due to the trial expire but have purchased it and should auto go active in next 24 hrs

Once again many thanks to MAW and COH clan for their support on this software to protect the community

Cheers

Jon

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heatsinkbod View Post
    Hi all the Vipre protection software we have been using has clearly done the trick and has now expired - Myself, MAW and COH clan donated to the purchase costs as below - still had a shortfall in payments as no one else supported so have made up the difference out of my own pocket, as for me for now this is the best cost effective solution to run on Windows 2008 - others would either not run on Windows 2008 or were to costly as we would have to pay business rates as they treated us as business for using windows 2008 server.

Viper is down at present due to the trial expire but have purchased it and should auto go active in next 24 hrs

Once again many thanks to MAW and COH clan for their support on this software to protect the community

Cheers

Jon
    Just checked again and Vipre gone active