• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Report Hosting Issues such as lag

Hi please use this thread to report hosting issues such as Lag

Please state date and time and length of lag show screen shot of TCADMIN server performance

Please give as much info as possible to help us to trace cause

Include server port !!

Check other servers both AAAA and none AAAA as in other GD servers and report them also please

Gaming Deluxe will investigate issues but hey also need as much info as possible so please provide this info

https://www.gamingdeluxe.co.uk/wiki/Traceroute

Submit here and I will pass on

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    I don't want to be nit picky, but would this include arcade lag as well?

It is only for short periods, and ALWAYS happens at that most in-opportune crucial times, but thought I might inquire
    before I all go out and have an FPS_Doug episode on my keyboard, while trying for supremacy on an Asteroids score :P

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Major_A View Post
    I don't want to be nit picky, but would this include arcade lag as well?

It is only for short periods, and ALWAYS happens at that most in-opportune crucial times, but thought I might inquire
    before I all go out and have an FPS_Doug episode on my keyboard, while trying for supremacy on an Asteroids score :P
    Ahh ok - the website runs in a single core on the CPU I will add a second CPU core to speed it up

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heatsinkbod View Post
    Hi please use this thread to report hosting issues such as Lag

Please state date and time and length of lag show screen shot of TCADMIN server performance

Please give as much info as possible to help us to trace cause

Include server port !!

Check other servers both AAAA and none AAAA as in other GD servers and report them also please

Gaming Deluxe will investigate issues but hey also need as much info as possible so please provide this info

https://www.gamingdeluxe.co.uk/wiki/Traceroute

Submit here and I will pass on
    No one has reported any lag issues yet a few have contacted me to say still issues? If you dont report I cant fix - so please do report

Delta

Untagged users
    Coming from a player perspective, Jon! its not fixed. It lags alot specially after 10PM GMT. Same is the case with PacRac ETT server and one other but I'm forgetting its server name. You can drop in yourself and find out yourself. Huge lag spikes (game freeze) are still there.

Yeah I was playing on the AB server, and in the mornings it was really lagging.. just being frozen every 10-20 sec or something.
    But sometimes in the evening, no lag at all, just nothing at all.

(This is from the last few days, and I've played every day)

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Yeah I was playing on the AB server, and in the mornings it was really lagging.. just being frozen every 10-20 sec or something.
    But sometimes in the evening, no lag at all, just nothing at all.

(This is from the last few days, and I've played every day)
    Ok thanks Brian - have posted this on AB site

Hi ok thanks for update - have been speaking to some of the other clans hosted - and one clan has not got gsprotector on and are saying no lag issues to note at all, they did have getstatus floods the other week like we all did but the manual firewall blocks we did at the time resolved that for them. have no idea if this will help but it is possible although GSprotector has clearly helped with the floods its possible it may fix one problem but cause server lag also depending on other mods on server.....not saying this is correct but may be worth trying to rule it out and temp disable remove GSprotector files for one night

I will also try and catch the lag on your server this weekend but do please report as much info here http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/forums/show...es-such-as-lag - see the sticky posts which give suggestions on sort of info I need to trace the lag as the hardware side of AAAA including OS logs showing no attacks or issues

cheers Jon

This is getting serious now, we are losing all our regular players due to continued server lagg.

I was on highjump (12251) ON MY OWN, checking out a new mod I was making, I stopped to light up a ciggie, so no hands on keyboard or mouse, and the screen was jumping all over the place.
    The messages running along the bottom also stopped and froze.

Its now over 2 weeks since all this started, some nights on freezetag it gets so unplayable we just all give up and go offline to watch tv or hound the Mrs for attention or whatever.

NOT GOOD, if it continues we will lose the players and the game.
    Whether this is a net issue, serverbox issue or some other fault it has to be fixed quickly now.......

By the way my ping was constant between 32 and 42, just where it sits normally, so wasnt a problem with my connection.

Hope this info helps to find the problem.
    Cheers Kenny
    Dont be scared soldier!! you will die quickly!!

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by =[M.A.W]=RAZER (SA) View Post
    This is getting serious now, we are losing all our regular players due to continued server lagg.

I was on highjump (12251) ON MY OWN, checking out a new mod I was making, I stopped to light up a ciggie, so no hands on keyboard or mouse, and the screen was jumping all over the place.
    The messages running along the bottom also stopped and froze.

Its now over 2 weeks since all this started, some nights on freezetag it gets so unplayable we just all give up and go offline to watch tv or hound the Mrs for attention or whatever.

NOT GOOD, if it continues we will lose the players and the game.
    Whether this is a net issue, serverbox issue or some other fault it has to be fixed quickly now.......

By the way my ping was constant between 32 and 42, just where it sits normally, so wasnt a problem with my connection.

Hope this info helps to find the problem.
    Cheers Kenny
    Hi Kenny as per my prior posts here we have had a few issues - which have been resolved as quickly as possible- if you read back you can catch up but their are no issues currently with the hardware dedi and I have done all I can to assists clans with GSflooding issues with manual firewall blocks and the trial of GSprotector, their is honestly not much more I can do here.

My only suggestion as I have exhausted all efforts to keep the servers lag free, and note not all AAAA hosted servers are effected so your best option is to try out another host to try and resolve the issues on the servers as I am not able to filter out low end specific attacks / issues on servers getting lag other than whats been done already.

Ok, as far as we can see, we have an IDIOT who either doesnt like MAW clan or Allied assault gamers.

Last night I went on to a few spearhead servers including our own and was lag free, so defo not my pc or connection at fault.

Vitor has checked our logs and found a lot of flooding, but cant do anything about it due to the idiot being ip changer.

I also went into a few other servers NOT UK BASED and had a higher ping, again NO LAGG.....BUT BUT when playing on UWS freezetag which was lag free for quite a few rounds, all of a sudden everyone was lagging badly and so much that my fps went from 200-300 down to 60 fps.

I am pretty sure I know who this is now as they he was the only player I recognised, and sure they were also banned from our freezetag....

As usual I will double check all this and let you know......If I am correct and we now know the cause, then this IDIOT has failed AGAIN and WONT STOP US, so if he is reading this: GO GET A F**K*NG LIFE, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A 'DOWN AND OUT' LOSER.....
    Dont be scared soldier!! you will die quickly!!