• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleKill View Post
    SV packet 31.53.148.134:7130 : getstatus
    Hi Victor please install this with the banning set as 3 http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/forums/show...ood-protection dont forget to change to your server port as per instructions and it will auto ban ips http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/forums/show...ood-protection

Did the following IP get banned by any chance? : 109.123.6.78
    This IP is from an AB member who is now unable to connect to any AAAA server, he also can't connect to the MAW TS.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Did the following IP get banned by any chance? : 109.123.6.78
    This IP is from an AB member who is now unable to connect to any AAAA server, he also can't connect to the MAW TS.
    Not from the manual IP list so he has been banned by perhaps GSprotector - if he is an admin or sub admin and AB is now running GSprotector they need to follow he updated GS instructions http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/forums/show...ood-protection and add his ip to the immune and white list for their server - guessing he is admin and has rcon access hence the auto ban

Not intent but new system needs some tweaks but we all getting their just this is over sight on the new protection

EDIT UPDATE - ahh found it in manual ban was flagged by other admins on getstatus by accident - guess he has admin rights to RCON, Firewall ban removed send my apologies

We have stopped manual IP bans clans now need to install and configure GS protector http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/forums/show...ood-protection
    admins and sub admins should be added o the white list and immune list

I suggest all admins to use IP Range Ban, instead of banning only the exact ip extension that is flooding.

You should do it this way:

example:
    GpBanIP 224.0.0.* ==> IP Range Ban which is equal to 224.0.0.0 224.0.0.255

Banning Ip Range it will permanently ban that IP even if he changes his IP to keep attacking it will be blocked.

Also suggest that...

We should share each others IP Range ban list and update from all those IP Range ban lists into a FINAL ONE.
    We should do this once a month.

This way banning will be more effective, because all servers are banning same IP's range.

The firewall banning system still have some flaws, so i suggest this method.
    Last edited by PacRac; 09-26-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PacRac View Post
    I suggest all admins to use IP Range Ban, instead of banning only the exact ip extension that is flooding.

You should do it this way:

example:
    GpBanIP 224.0.0.* ==> IP Range Ban which is equal to 224.0.0.0 224.0.0.255

Banning Ip Range it will permanently ban that IP even if he changes his IP to keep attacking it will be blocked.

Also suggest that...

We should share each others IP Range ban list and update from all those IP Range ban lists into a FINAL ONE.
    We should do this once a month.

This way banning will be more effective, because all servers are banning same IP's range.

The firewall banning system still have some flaws, so i suggest this method.
    Hi for me this is fine but must be carefull as you can end up banning whole countries and areas for normal legit players so done at lower level such as you say the last 2 ip sections as you say but that also can be bad as some one in same area / ISP would also be blocked

Hi for me this is fine but must be carefull as you can end up banning whole countries and areas for normal legit players so done at lower level such as you say the last 2 ip sections as you say but that also can be bad as some one in same area / ISP would also be blocked
    Using this method ( ip example: GpBanIP 224.0.0.* ) the last ip section, will be the most effective way to get rid of these attackers. Because they will change ip but normally the ip section that will change is the last one.

Yes you are right might ban some neighbour using same street line connection and get a similar ip with close last section number, but the chance of his neighbour be a moh player is too low, and if that do happens it is easy solved. Player will just need to join our clan's webpage and ask for the unban, because he will probably ask: (- why I can't get in the server anymore?).

Also this will only be used on emergency, because we need rapidly to get rid of this issue.
    Soon as all becomes stable, no need to do it anymore.
    Last edited by PacRac; 09-27-2016 at 03:03 PM.