• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

• Active Users

• There are currently no users chatting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by heatsinkbod View Post
    Hi have added those ip's - still working on a generic block for 7130 port as appears it remains open as a another normal server program is using it
    I am thinking on using scapp GSprotection on my server's folder but can't find it anywhere to download.
    Joto's page is offline now.
    I thought i had it saved but probably is on my old hdd that i can't use it right now.

Jon if u have it could u send it to me through pm please?

Thanks alot.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PacRac View Post
    I am thinking on using scapp GSprotection on my server's folder but can't find it anywhere to download.
    Joto's page is offline now.
    I thought i had it saved but probably is on my old hdd that i can't use it right now.

Jon if u have it could u send it to me through pm please?

Thanks alot.
    Hi will dig around think its on DB some where - thing is their was two versions - the first release and then Joto started again on second release - the second release I could not get working and I cant remember but dont think the first release was stable but yeh defo agree worth a shot............
    EDIT
    Ahh here you go both versions

http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...sprotector-v38

http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...gsprotector-v4

He also released it here https://sourceforge.net/projects/gsprotector/

The scapp links are down as you said but think readme has all the info you should need

Tempted to suggest go for the old version first as I am sure v4 would not run

this tool will help you test getstatus http://x-null.net/getstatus/getstatus.php

If you have any luck with them give us an update as for sure others will be interested.

Found the thread on X-null http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...ight=protector
    full thread here http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...ight=protector
    as said not sure about version 4
    Also if you get any more IP's that need banning let us know

Thanks alot Jon i did find the v4 but also got errors and didnt get able to get it work. Did a search and never found that v38 :0. lol .

GsProtect already working on server i will give you feedback on how it goes.

At this moment no lag nor flood ip's ....

Thanks alot once again m8
    Last edited by PacRac; 09-11-2016 at 07:42 PM.

23:15 (11-09-16) Server is having "Slow Server" message from time to time, nothing compared with last days which was lagging all the time, and when that happens we get slightly rise of ping. Checked logs nothing on my server side all clean no flood, means GsProtection is working. So i presume the slow server comes from the other server's that are beeing flooded. I suggest all use GsProtection.
    Last edited by PacRac; 09-11-2016 at 10:23 PM.

23:35 server is lagging alot and not comming from my side. Please all AAAA servers do install GsProtection

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    23:15 (11-09-16) Server is having "Slow Server" message from time to time, nothing compared with last days which was lagging all the time, and when that happens we get slightly rise of ping. Checked logs nothing on my server side all clean no flood, means GsProtection is working. So i presume the slow server comes from the other server's that are beeing flooded. I suggest all use GsProtection.
    Hi ok great you got GS protector working, spoke with Linda they also had some lag - checked the dedi and all was fine last night - couple of things that can cause lag
    CPU overloaded - we had this the other week due to the virus but now all cpus are under 20% on full load so all good that side
    Network - we have a 1gb network link so getstatus floods only effect the server they are target to flood the whole dedi would be major attack that would also effect GD backbone
    GD Network from time to time GD experience attacks on their other servers this effect the backbone they resolve these so suspect last night was not AAAA issue but GD issue

If one of the other AAAA servers was being flooded with getstatus it would not effect all the other servers so thinking last night was just a GD issue but hard to tell but dedi looks great at present and last night

ok m8 glad to hear that.
    But all was ok till 23:30 then lag started and increased past midnight.
    So we need to ask GD if something is happening on backbone.
    I was monitoring the log live from the tcadmin with developer 2 and no flood on my server.

So might be GD side as you suggested.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    ok m8 glad to hear that.
    But all was ok till 23:30 then lag started and increased past midnight.
    So we need to ask GD if something is happening on backbone.
    I was monitoring the log live from the tcadmin with developer 2 and no flood on my server.

So might be GD side as you suggested.
    Ok GD advised they did have minor issue last night, they have hardware DDOS protection but from time to time large scale attacks flood the hardware protection and then they manually have to block the attack